@HomePrep has a large library of books and reference materials available to continue your education and Invest In Yourself. We are currently offering 2 Day Express delivery for the price of ground shipping!!
Please select from the categories below to find available materials — You can browse references by topic from this page.
First Aid/CPR/AED Participant’s Manual – 2021$18.99
Often purchase with the Basic Life Support – Participant’s manual.
Video: Treatment Exercises for the Upper Extremities$30.99
Video Package: Treatment Exercises for the Upper and Lower Extremities$50.99
Four videos covering exercises for the knee, shoulder, upper kinetic, and lower extremity.
Video: Treatment Exercises for the Lower Extremity$30.99
Nursing Theories: The Base for Professional Nursing Practice$79.99
Completely updated in a new edition, Nursing Theories 6/e incoporates the latest theories and research methods in nursing today. Designed as a tool to help nurses apply concepts and theories to practice, this book considers the ideas of well-known nursing theorists and relates the work of each tot he nursing process. Chapters are organized to relate the theorist’s work to the nursing metaparadigm, the nursing process, characteristics of a theory, and strengths and limitations of the theory. Some key features include:
Medical Dosage Calculations: A Dimensional Analysis Approach 11th Edition$74.99
New and updated features of this title
Ample opportunity to apply concepts.
- NEW: Keystroke Sequences (Ch. 1) let learners check their calculations.
- NEW: New exercise questions and illustrative examples throughout give students more opportunities to problem solve and dig deeper on concepts.
- NEW: New Dosage Calculation Online Application provides diagnostic testing and student remediation with hundreds of additional practice questions.
Updates to key med…
Cultural Diversity in Health and Illness$69.99
- UPDATED: Health Disparities are discussed in reference to the Heckler Report, Affordable Health Care, and other relevant content.
- The HERITAGE CHAIN conceptual model links important interrelated concepts and related activities that compliment knowledge of each unit and chapter.
- UPDATED: To keep readers abreast of the latest data, selected resources present up-to-date information on such topics as poverty, income, and immigration.
Clinical Nursing Skills: A Concept-Based Approach, Volume III$121.99
Hallmark features of this title
Hundreds of nursing skills
- Students learn to execute 275 major skills with nearly 250 minor skills embedded in them. They also learn how to delegate, educate patients and individualize patient care.
- The skills support concepts in Volumes I and II. In each chapter of Volume III, skills appear in subgroups reflecting the sequence of skill performance.
- Common guidelines are presented for each skill, such as equipment needed and safety, age…
Nursing Assistant, The 6th Edition$60.99
Hallmark features of this title
Step-by-step skills training
- Rationales for all 73 step-by-step procedures provide the “why” behind patient-care actions.
- A Nursing Process: Report to the RN feature throughout chapters reinforces the importance of reporting observations and concerns to the supervising RN.
- Age-specific considerations meet Joint Commission requirements. They address the physical, mental and psychosocial needs of patients at all stages of life. …
Clinical Skills Manual for Maternity and Pediatric Nursing$46.99
- UPDATED: An all-in-one, easy-to-use reference for maternal-newborn and pediatric nursing skills that combines content from the Clinical Skills Manual for Maternal & Child Nursing Care and the Clinical Skills Manual for Pediatric Nursing.
- UPDATED: More than 150 skills reflect the latest evidence and most up-to-date nursing techniques.
- The time-out procedure is now included in Chapter 1, “Protective Methods.”
- UPDATED: External fetal monitoring content is now included before NST a…
Maternal & Child Nursing Care$135.99
Personalize learning with MyNursingLab®
MyNursingLab is an an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students in the Maternal/Newborn Nursing course and improve results. Its guided learning path is proven to help students think like a nurse as they move beyond memorization to true understanding through application.
- Improve students’ clinical reasoning. Clinical Decision-Making Cases ask students to identify clinically-salient patient information and make informed decisions at key moment…
Population and Community Health Nursing 6th Edition$107.99
- New title, reflects the course and new edition focus on population health
- New chapter: Care of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Population (Chapter 20)
- Re-introduced chapter: Epidemiology and Population Health: this is a population-based topic that was removed in the previous edition that returns in this edition to support the population health focus of the book (Chapter 3)
- Updated Evidence Based Practice studies
- Relevant chapters updated to reflect Healthy People 2020 <…
Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing 6th Edition$74.99
Fully updated, revised, and expanded, the new edition of View Product
Becoming Influential: A Guide for Nurses$41.99
Still the only book of its kind, this intensely practical text helps nurses build the skills they need to gain and use influence throughout their entire careers. This second edition is updated throughout with new information on nursing, health care, and technology – including social media. Readable, timely, and upbeat, BECOMING INFLUENTIAL: A GUIDE FOR NURSES teaches through real-life examples, offering proven advice for using influence to solve many contemporary workplace problems. Self-assessments help readers evaluate their current organizational …
Nursing Process and Critical Thinking 5th Edition$55.99
This innovative text uses concrete examples and hands-on exercises to help students clearly understand and apply the steps of the nursing process to today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment. Moving beyond step-by-step instructions, NURSING PROCESS AND CRITICAL THINKING, 5/e encourages readers to think about each part of the nursing process and use critical thinking to make better clinical decisions. KEY FEATURES: Balancing practical and conceptual aspects of the nursing process, this edition includes an expanded interactiv…
Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing$83.99
Applications to nursing practice, then and now
- A chapter on the theory-practice relationship covers key topics in modern nursing, such as practice-based knowledge and informatics.
- An overview chapter on historical trends in U.S. nursing theory addresses levels of theory, global perspectives on theory development, and population- and domain-specific theories.
Pearson Nursing Diagnosis Handbook 11th Edition$55.99
- UPDATED: Gives nurses the newest and most authoritative information for effective diagnosis. Reflects the latest NANDA diagnoses—adding 25 new NANDA-I diagnoses for 2015-2017 and removing 7 that NANDA has declared obsolete.
- UPDATED: Prepares nurses to utilize the latest research- and evidence-based information on nursing interventions and outcomes. Nursing Intervention Classification (NIC) interventions reflect the continuing work of the Iowa Interventions Project. Updated Nursing Outcome Classification (NOC) outcomes are includ…
Medical-Surgical Nursing Care 4th Ed$93.99
Medical-Surgical Nursing Care, Fourth Edition gives students an in-depth understanding of the common diseases and disorders that affect adult patients.It provides a strong foundation for caring by emphasizing pathophysiology, nursing care, and patient teaching. The material in Nursing Care is presented in an easily-accessible format with streamlined content and a clear writing style that makes it easy for students to absorb information. Study aids throughout the text also help students focus less…
High-Acuity Nursing 7th Edition$102.99
New and updated features of this title
Content updates, across all chapters
NEW: A new chapter on palliative care and end-of-life issues has been added.
NEW: New features addressing quality, safety and genetic considerations have been added where appropriate.
UPDATED: All chapters have been updated, and many have been reorganized and expanded.
REVISED: NCLEX®-style post-tests have been revised to reflect content chan…
Foundations of Nursing Research$74.99
- UPDATED: Helps students clearly understand both the elements of the research process and the types of research studies. Excerpts from recent nursing research studies conducted by nurses in the U.S. and around the world clearly illustrate various aspects of the research process.
- UPDATED: Details evidence-based practice and ways to promote applications to nursing. Chapter 2 provides an overview of evidence-based practice (EBP). Chapter 3 introduces the reader to ways in which EBP can be promoted.
Child Health Nursing, Updated Edition 3rd Ed$110.99
Hallmark features of this title
A foundation of clinical knowledge
Clinical manifestations tables in each chapter summarize the relationship between pathophysiology and clinical manifestations, as well as relevant therapies.
As They Grow features in most systems chapters show A&P differences of a child’s developing body.
Health promotion features in each systems chapter emphasize health maintenance for children, including those with c…
Skills in Clinical Nursing$93.99
Consistency and accessibility are essential to student success in the Fundamentals of Nursing course. With its clear, approachable, writing style, Skills in Clinical Nursing sets the foundation for nursing excellence. It provides detailed procedures on the most relevant skills performed by nurses as they enter practice. It includes all common variations and is organized from the simplest to the most complex. This edition has been revised and updated to reflect current practice, responding to extensive feedback from clinical nurses, market surve…
Pathophysiology with ‘Nursing Reviews & Rationales$39.99
Hallmark features of this title
Extensive practice opportunities, updated for the 2016 NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Pre- and post-chapter tests with comprehensive rationales assess students’ mastery of chapter material following review and study.
Practice-to-Pass exercises stimulate critical thinking and reinforce chapter content.
Real clinical scenarios
Critical-thinking case studies at the end of each…
Pharmacology with Nursing Reviews & Rationales$37.99
Complete update reflecting the 2016 NCLEX-¿RN® Test Plan
- A comprehensive yet concentrated outline of pharmacology prepares students to master all related content on the 2016 NCLEX-RN exam.
- Revised chapter learning objectives, NCLEX® alerts, and a glossary of key terms target concepts likely to be tested on the 2016 NCLEX-RN exam.
- A refreshed set of test-taking strategies provides dozens of techniques to help students improve their chances of success …
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Participant’s Manual$69.99
Focused Updates and Guidelines 2020 Version.This manual includes concepts covered in the American Red Cross Advanced Life Support course.
Advanced Life Support Participant’s Manual$59.99
Focused Updates and Guidelines 2020 Version. This manual includes concepts covered in the American Red Cross Advanced Life Support course.
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers Instructors Kit$92.99
The new CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers Instructor’s Kit contains all the program materials that an instructor needs to teach the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers course.
Nurse Assistant Training Textbook$99.99
Designed for use in the Nurse Assistant Training program, this textbook includes the knowledge and skills needed to provide quality basic-level nursing care for individuals in long-term and other healthcare settings.
Lifeguarding Instructors Manual$48.99
The instructor’s manual and course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations – both in and out of the water.
Swimming and Water Safety Manual, Rev. 04/14$32.99
In addition to serving as a resource for Water Safety Instructors, the manual is also a valuable resource for participants in American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety classes.
First Aid for Severe Trauma Participant Handbook$18.99
The First Aid for Severe Trauma Handbook presents the basic knowledge and skills needed to respond appropriately to life-threatening bleeding.
Responding to Emergencies: Comprehensive First Aid/CPR/AED Textbook$104.99
The textbook facilitates learning and understanding of the knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to emergency situations.
Emergency Medical Response Textbook, (EA) Rev. 12/17$139.99
The text is designed as the primary source of technical information for participants and instructors. It includes key terms, learning objectives, critical facts and scenarios to test knowledge and decision-making skills.
Basic Life Support Participant’s Manual$24.99
Focused Updates and Guidelines 2020 Version. Includes all foundational concepts covered in the American Red Cross Basic Life Support course.
First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual$74.99
The primary purpose of the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED program is to help participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual$48.99
Released in January 2017, the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual is used by participants in the 2017 Lifeguarding Program.
Emergency Medical Response Textbook$139.99
The text is designed as the primary source of technical information for participants and instructors.
Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement, 2022 Edition$184.99Features
LEARNING DESIGN METHODOLOGY WITH CLEAR OBJECTIVES GUIDES READER UNDERSTANDING. This edition’s learning design methodology clearly maps chapter content to both major topics and well-defined learning objectives to keep students focused and progressing.
Medical-Surgical Nursing with ‘Nursing Reviews & Rationales’$65.99
New! Access to Pearson Test Prep, a new online practice resource
- New – Students can study with hundreds of NCLEX-style questions and detailed rationales on their computer or any mobile device.
- New – Detailed reporting features identify where students are struggling so they can focus on improving in those areas.
- New – Students can easily customize their practice exams to work on specific topics, types of questions, and areas of difficulty.
Mental Health Nursing with Nursing Reviews & Rationales$32.99
Nurse’s Drug Guide 2023 1st Edition$36.99
NEW: The new edition features 15 new monographs for drugs recently approved by the FDA.
New Perspectives in Healthcare Ethics: An Interdisciplinary and Crosscultural Approach$49.99
Do you teach a course that prepares students to work in the field of Allied Health and Human Services?
Topics of relevance to allied health professionals-Among these issues and topics are complementary and alternative medicine; contraception and sterilization; infertility and assisted reproduction; and surrogate motherhood; genetic testing (screening and counseling); genetic therapy; biomedical and behavioral research; and euthanasia and assisted suicide.
The book concludes with an examination of the current state of hea…View Product
Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals$74.22
Major revisions to content and organization
- UPDATED: All chapters have been thoroughly revised to reflect the current and evolving practice of healthcare IT and informatics.
Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual Therapists and Movement Professionals 4th Edition$92.99
- Revolutionary approach to the study of human anatomy provides a holistic map of myoanatomy to help improve the outcomes of physical therapies that are traditionally used to manage pain and other musculoskeletal disorders.
- Relevant theory descriptions are applied to all common types of movement, posture analysis, and physical treatment modalities.
- Intuitive content organization allows students to reference the concept quickly or gain a more detailed understanding of any given area according to …
Psychosocial Aspects of Health Care, 3rd edition$69.99
For all courses that address psychosocial aspects of illness and disability, including courses in the social psychology of disability and rehabilitation, chronic illness, and rehabilitation psychology; and courses covering communication, relationships, characteristics of illness and disability, adaptation to impairment and disability, client behavior, grieving, stress and support, and attitudinal and cultural differences.
HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination$85.99
- HESI Hint
- boxes spotlight important clinical information and concepts commonly tested on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Over 1,000 practice questions for the NCLEX on the companion Evolve website include alternate item formats to provide a testing experience similar to the HESI Exit and NCLEX exams.
- Chapters organized by clinical area enable you to easily search for various review topics.
- Clinical judgment study questions and tables with rationales rei…
Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination 8th Edition$69.99
- Detailed test-taking strategies for each question provide clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- Comprehensive rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- Chapters organized by Client Needs reflect the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Evolve companion website includes more than 6,000 questions with robust study and self-testing options.
- A 75-question pre-test generates a study calendar to guide your exam prep…
Strategies for Student Success on the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Test Items$61.99
- Next Generation NCLEX®–style practice questions of all types are illustrated through stand-alone case studies and unfolding case studies directed toward each of the six cognitive skills.
- Detailed test-taking strategy for each question provides clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option.
- NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (NCJMM) is included throughout with case scenarios that integrate the six clinical judgment cognitive skills.
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment$54.99
- Management-of-care focus addresses the emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Three-part organization first establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises with scenarios of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- Part One: Introduction provides a concise foundation and practical guidelines for making prioritization, delegation, …
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination 8th Edition$77.99
- Over 5,200 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- 75-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give students practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-ma…
Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants 7th Edition$76.99
- Clear, easy-to-read style is supplemented with hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations.
- More than 75 step-by-step procedures are divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- Focus on PRIDE boxes emphasize personal and professional responsibility, rights and respect, independence and social interaction, delegation and teamwork, and ethics and laws, helping you promote dignity and pride in the person being cared for, his or h…
Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review for Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants 7th Edition$47.99
- Wide variety of exercises reinforces your understanding of important concepts with matching, multiple-choice, labeling, fill-in-the-blank, and case study questions, plus crossword puzzles.
- Competency Evaluation Review section includes a review of content, review questions for all key topics, skills evaluation, and more.
- Two practice examinations help you study for the written certification exam.
- Procedure Checklists help you prepare for the demonstration portion…
Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes 10th Edition$78.99
- 61 patient problem care plans include the most common/important patient problems, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- 164 disorder care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Patient problem care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Disorder care p…
Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review for Mosby’s Textbook for Nursing Assistants$48.99
- Competency Evaluation Review provides content review, quizzes, and sample exams to help you prepare for certification.
- A wide variety of exercises, including matching, multiple-choice, labeling, crosswords, and mini case studies, reinforce learning.
- Procedure checklists prepare you for the skills demonstration portion of the certification exam.
Mosby’s Textbook for Nursing Assistants$98.99
- A clear writing style at a 7th grade reading level ensures accessibility for low-level learners.
- Over 100 skills outlined in pre- procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections ensure you learn all the necessary steps to pass the skills portion of the certification exam.
- Complete coverage of the knowledge and skills needed to pass the state certification exam and engage in safe practice.
- Focus on Practice: Problem Solving provides scenarios that stimulate critical th…
Ethical Dimensions in the Health Professions 7th Edition$86.99
- UNIQUE! Ethical decision-making process provides an organizing framework to use in making the best decisions when faced with ethical problems.
- Patient stories depict real-life situations and demonstrate the ethical decision-making process.
- Reflection boxes depict important concepts and stimulate critical thinking.
- Summary boxes highlight the most important information in each section.
- Coverage of interprofessional team decision-making reflects …
Goodman and Snyder’s Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists$124.99
- UNIQUE! Five-step screening model is systems- and symptoms-based, and follows the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association, covering past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms.
- UNIQUE! Case studies are based on clinical experience and give real-world examples of how to integrate screening information into the diagnostic process and when to treat or refer.
Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy$144.99
- Evidence-based content reflects the latest research in the field and incorporates the use of ICF.
- Material uses best practices defined by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Clinical tips provide real-world hints and suggestions from practicing clinicians.
Pierson and Fairchild’s Principles & Techniques of Patient Care 7th Edition$136.99
- Content based on the World Health Organization’s ICF model (International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health) — the model currently endorsed by the APTA and AOTA — ensures you are referencing the most current theories and practice guidelines of physical and occupational therapy.
- More than 800 full-color photographs illustrate the concepts and techniques used in the assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Procedure boxes include clea…
The Analytical Chemistry of Cannabis: Quality Assessment, Assurance, and Regulation of Medicinal Marijuana and Cannabinoid Preparations,1st Edition$54.99
- Addresses current and emerging analytical chemistry methods – an approach that is unique among the literature on this topic
- Presents information from a broad perspective of the issues in a single compact volume
- Employs language comprehensible to non-technical stakeholders as well as to specialists in analytical chemistry.
Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System$137.99
- More than 900 high-quality illustrations provide you with the visual accompaniments you need to comprehend the material.
- Clinical Connections boxes at the end of each chapter in Sections II through IV highlight or expand upon a particular clinical concept associated with the kinesiology covered in the chapter.
- Special Focus boxes interspersed throughout the text provide numerous clinical examples that demonstrate why kinesiologic information is needed.
- Critical thin…
Analysis of Cannabis$318.99
- Contains diverse, state-of-the-art methodologies for the analyses of cannabinoids and terpenes in a variety of matrices
- Analyzes different cannabis and hemp-based products
- Provides the expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2023 Edition – Text and Workbook Package$178.99
2023 Medical Coding, includes – Text and Workbook
Ackley and Ladwig’s Nursing Diagnosis Handbook$89.99
An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
Fundamentals of Nursing Active Learning for Collaborative Practice$167.99
3rd Edition – December 7, 2021
Authors: Barbara Yoost, Lynne Crawford
Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Musculoskeletal Injections$179.99© 2014 | Published: February 25, 2014
Physical Therapy Case Files, Sports$70.99© 2016 | Published: October 28, 2015
Current Diagnosis and Treatment Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation$120.99© 2015 | Published: November 17, 2014
Text and Atlas of Wound Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition$135.99© 2019 | Published: May 14, 2019
National Physical Therapy Exam and Review$95.99© 2019 | Published: November 28, 2018
Communicating Clinical Decision-Making Through Documentation: Coding, Payment, and Patient Categorization$135.99© 2021 | Published: February 2, 2021
PHARMACOLOGY FOR THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST, SECOND EDITION$135.99© 2020 | Published: November 19, 2019
Musculoskeletal Interventions: Techniques for Therapeutic Exercise, Fourth Edition$135.99© 2021 | Published: July 19, 2021
Essential Elements of Wound Diagnosis$75.99© 2021 | Published: March 18, 2021
Dutton’s Introduction to Physical Therapy and Patient Skills, Second Edition$135.99© 2021 | Published: September 16, 2020© @Home Prep 2002 - 2023 | A Division of Stautzenberger College0